Sunday 6 November 2011

Session 12


Today we have four presentations during the lesson. The first is about designer baby, second is about nanomedicine, while the third presentation talked about the space travel and lastly, the presenters educated us on the use of plastics.

Out of all the presentations, there are few things I want to comment on. Firstly, I think all the presenters are well prepared and their websites look great. The technical aspect of the presentation is good and it is obvious to see the amount of efforts everybody has put in to this project. For the presentation style part, I like the way the first group did.  The first group talked about designer baby and they use a skit to bring us through their entire website. I thought the idea of skit is quite creative and overall the skit is clear and well explained.

At the end of their presentation, they requested us to make a poll on if designer baby should be accepted. I think by doing a poll will not be able to find a solution due to the controversial underlying issue. I think this issue concerns all the religions and it is not something the government can decide. I believe that if law one day legalizes designer baby, Christians and catholics around the world will demonstrate strong resentment. Therefore just like human cloning, I do not think that designer baby will be legalized in the near future.

My group presented on the nanomedicine and I would like to elaborate a bit on our project to facilitate better understanding. The reason why we choose nanomedicine is because of its revolutionary impacts. We stated the history of nanomedicine as well as various impacts it has brought to our current society. Moreover, future applications have also been discussed in details. The part about cancer treatment is something I want to emphasize. I strongly believe that in the near future, nanomedicine will become the solution to cancer treatment. Not only due to its high efficiency in cancer treatment, it can also minimize the negative impacts of the treatment. With nanomedicine, drugs can be delivered right to the infected part and nanomedicine will only attack the cancer cells. The development of nanomedicine in cancer treatment has already achieved significant breakthrough so lets just wait patiently for the technology to be perfected in time to come

This coming week there will be another 4 groups to present and I am looking forward to sit back to enjoy the presentations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment